Instead of being mere conduits of the central nervous system's commands, peripheral nerves are independent biological actors and even decision makers?
That from tumors to gut inflammation and other areas of disease, nerves are functioning in ways far beyond canonical contexts and mechanisms—the tissues they permeate make use of biochemical neural pathways and signals.
Founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2017, Cygnal Therapeutics is the first company to build a platform to develop drugs in the new field of exoneural biology, an unprecedented way of thinking about nerves and neural pathways outside of traditional neurobiology. Exoneural biology is broadly implicated in human health and disease.
Fueled by its Exoneural Medicines Platform™, Cygnal is creating new medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, starting with cancer and inflammatory diseases.
Latest Press from Cygnal Therapeutics
- Cygnal Therapeutics Expands Leadership Team With Appointment Of John A. Wagner, M.D., Ph.D., As Chief Medical Officer 09.16.2020
- Cygnal Therapeutics Leader and Scientific Advisory Board Members Co-Author Paper in Cell Alongside Cancer Science Experts 04.16.2020
- Cygnal Appoints Elaine Caughey as Chief Business Officer 12.19.2019
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils Cygnal Therapeutics 10.08.2019
- Cygnal Therapeutics Appoints Pearl S. Huang as Chief Executive Officer 01.08.2019